Exemption and Applications Deadlines
The last day for property owners to file most exemption and special appraisal applications is April 30. Certain property owners may late file homestead exemption applications, as indicated below:
- A property owner may file an age 65 or older exemption application up to one year after the date on which he or she became age 65.
- A property owner may file a donated residence homestead of a partially disabled veteran exemption application for up to one year after he or she qualifies.
- A property owner may file a homestead exemption application up to two years after the date the taxes become delinquent.
- A property owner may file a disabled veteran exemption application up to five years after the date the taxes become delinquent.
A religious organization denied a Tax Code Section 11.20 exemption because of its charter must amend the charter and file a new application by May 31 or before the 60th day after the date of notification of the exemption denial, whichever is later.
A private school denied a Tax Code Section 11.21 exemption because of its charter must amend the charter and file a new application by June 30 or the 60th day after the date of notification of the exemption denial, whichever is later.
- January 2, 2023 – New Year’s Day
- January 16, 2023 – Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- February 20, 2023 – President’s Day
- April 7, 2023 – Good Friday
- May 29, 2023 – Memorial Day
- June 19, 2023 – Juneteenth Ind. Day
- July 4, 2023 – Independence Day
- September 4, 2023 – Labor Day
- October 9, 2023 – Columbus Day
- November 10, 2023 – Veterans Day
- November 23-24, 2023 – Thanksgiving
- December 22-25, 2022 – Christmas
- January 1, 2024 – New Year’s Day